Two Types Of Coaches
It is often up to the coach/program director to fully promote this camp. We have noticed the coaches/directors with tremendous enthusiasm regarding this camp get high numbers. Coaches/program directors that don’t promote and fail to get the word out, usually have low numbers.
Here are some ideas to get high camper numbers.
- Sell PRO SHOT to your teams. If your players don’t come to the camp, why would you expect outside players to attend? Explain to your players what PRO SHOT is and what we can do for each player. WE WILL CHANGE A PLAYER’S LIFE. PRO SHOT will make each player a more accurate, quicker and more comfortable shooter. Explain our money back guarantee policy. Explain that we have worked with hundreds of professional and college players. That we are respected and this is what we do for a living. That we have published the largest shooting book to date and have an instructional shooting DVD as well. Make sure to speak with the parents and sell the camp to the parents as well (they are the ones that make out the checks). Make sure you get you best players to attend. Usually if the best players attend, everyone else will follow. You may want to show a short portion of the DVD to your parents and players as well.
- Get the word out through your players. Explain that you are using this camp as a fundraiser and you need EVERYONE’S help. Give each player in your program 20 flyers. Tell (not ask) each player/parent that they MUST bring two friends, relatives, neighbors to the camp. Now you have tripled the camps total.
- Contact your local AAU programs, recreation programs, boys and girls clubs, YMCA’s, churches and schools. Get the word out. Make up flyers and hand them out in mass. Talk with the coaches and directors that know the most players. Once again you need to sell PRO SHOT. Emphasize that we guarantee our product!!!
- Find tournaments, leagues and basketball events and handout flyers. Use your players to help you with this. Talk with coaches at these sites.
- Post flyers in areas that people will see. Pizza and other restaurants, sporting good stores, churches, etc. Make this camp something special.
- Contact local newspaper. Can they run an article or can they post a quick blurb. IF PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD WHAT WE CAN GIVE EACH PLAYER, THERE WOULD BE A LINE OF CARS TO THE GYM SIMILAR TO THE END OF FIELD OF DREAMS. THE PROSHOT PROGRAM DOES CHANGE LIVES!
- Email to all your basketball contacts. Explain the camp in detail and that we personally invite all players to attend.
Download a copy of this page (Microsoft Word format).